Coordinating Board Duties
The Coalition Coordinating Board will meet quarterly to provide overall strategic direction and coordination of efforts for the Coalition to meet its mission of strengthening college and career readiness outreach practices in Kentucky. The duties of the Coordinating Board include:
- Elect a Board Chair, Vice-Chair, and Workgroup Chairs through transparent selection processes
- Adopt a strategic plan based on input from Coalition members, including annual priorities & work plan
- Guide the development of Coalition meeting agendas
- Monitor the performance of Coalition’s work plan against a set of approved metrics.
- Establish the overall principles and direction for the governing, administrative, and advisory bodies of the Board and any additional Board structures (e.g. workgroups, focus groups)
- Establish and oversee the strategy for expansion and sustainability of the Coalition, including identifying potential funding resources to support Coalition efforts.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the governance model, including amending the composition of the Board, creating or terminating structures, and adjusting governance processes and policies as necessary.
- Provide a platform for all stakeholder voices to be heard and mobilize resources to promote the value, affordability, readiness and completion of postsecondary education.
Coordinating Board Members
Dan Connell, Board Chair
Kentucky Association of Educational Program Personnel representative (TRIO Kentucky) and Assistant Vice President for Adult Education and College Access, Morehead State University
Dreama Gentry, Board Vice Chair
Executive Director, Office of Education Partners, Berea College, (859) 582-3454,
CHARTER MEMBER REPRESENTATIVES
Director of Outreach Services, Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
Vice President for Policy, Planning & Operations, Council on Postsecondary Education
Vice President, Kentucky Adult Education
Executive Director, Kentucky Board of Education,
MEMBERS AT LARGE
Program Director, Governor’s Minority Scholar College Preparation Program, Uni¬versity of Kentucky
Executive Director of Communications, Kentucky Education and Workforce Cabinet
Director, Division of Family Resource & Youth Service Centers, Cabinet for Health and Family Services
System Director of College and Career Transitions, Chancellor’s Office, Kentucky Community and Technical College System
Director, Kentucky Scholars Initiative and RoadMap To Success Project
Vice President for External Relations and Information, Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges & Universities