Ky3C 2016-18 Goals and Strategic Initiatives
The goal of the Kentucky College & Career Connection Coalition is to improve communication, collaboration, and professional development among outreach professionals, programs & proponents through a statewide coalition of member organizations.
1. Establish Ky3C as a sustainable statewide network Action steps:
- Hire a dedicated full-time staff member to coordinate the work and growth of the Coalition
- Expand Coalition to institutions, agencies and organizations with shared mission and goals
- Partner with students organizations and groups to incorporate student voice into outreach efforts and messages
2. Expand access to professional development opportunities for college and career outreach professionals Action steps:
- Convene Coalition membership at least annually to offer professional development, share relevant policy updates, and highlight best practices and research
- Partner with the Kentucky College and Career Coaches Association and other key organizations to develop professional development and training for outreach professionals aligned with the Kentucky College & Career Competencies for Student Success.
3. Support communication and common messaging in college and career outreach efforts statewide
- Support the continued development of a statewide inventory and asset map of college &career outreach programs & supports